It's soup season! Try this recipe for a delicious
Hearty Curried Sausage Soup
10oz of Dan's Summer Sausage (1 sausage) sliced and quartered
1 1/2 tablespoons high-heat oil
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
1 carrot, cut on the diagonal
Salt and black pepper, to taste
2 (14-ounce) cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1. In a large soup pot, heat oil, onions, curry powder, garam masala and turmeric over medium heat.
2. Cook onions until soft, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
3. Stir in potatoes and carrots; add enough water to cover. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Stir in garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper and Dan's Summer Sausage; heat through. Season with additional salt and pepper, if necessary.